2010年8月13日星期五

IDES1031-T2-My Design Career-10-8-03

My Design Career




Design is one of the everyday stuffs for everyone, people design their life in different ways. We need design and design promotes our life to become better. I want to be a designer as my future job not only because it is cool and I like that, but also for me to be more creative and from what I learn, to improve myself. Also, I could contribute to the society once I have the ability to make it better.




To be more specific, in my country, which is China, exam-oriented education is the most reason which kill teenagers’ creativity for most year of study. People should follow everything that teachers ask students to do. Therefore, children become less and less creative. This is a big issue for people who want to study design. However, young people always seek for something different challenges. Thus, one of my dreams was to study design abroad.




I chose to join the foundation study in one of the international school in my country and I learned commerce there because there were only two kinds of courses there, with commerce and science respectively. After taking an exam at the end of the semester, I got enough score for studying design in UNSW (the University of New South Wales). In terms of choosing a good and suitable course, I turned to one of my father’s friends. She has been to Italy and taken the master course for industrial design and she told me a lot of things about industrial design. From that time, I started to learn some technical drawing and theoretical stuff. I thought industrial design could help me to develop the abilities in design area. Also, I could learn something I really want instead of sitting there and reading books only.




I have been here at UNSW for almost 6 months studying industrial design. Firstly, I have to overcome the difficulty of language then learn some design stuff. I know it will not be an easy process, but I have the confidence that I could overcome that soon under the help of tutors and classmates. My idea to improve is not only taking the classes at university, but experience what can a designer do on my own. Creating my own style with learning is essential.




For the future, I want to try some more kinds of design like accessory design and fashion design. But at present, the most crucial thing to do is follow every step of what we are learning at university, making the strong basis of design. Learning more, experiencing more and creating more.

没有评论:

发表评论